1. When does the Challenge begin?
The Challenge begins on Tuesday, Sept. 24.
2. When does the Challenge end?
The Challenge ends on Tuesday, Dec. 11.
3. What are some recommended items we can donate?
Recommended items include tuna, peanut butter, pasta, rice, canned beans and baby formula. New this year, your company can earn double points for donating most needed items. For instance, one jar of peanut butter counts as 2 food items in your company’s can count. We’re calling it FOODx2. See full list of FOODX2 most needed items.
4. Does cash count toward my company’s donation?
Yes! Your company and/or employees can donate money in addition to or in lieu of food donations. Each dollar donated will count for three food items. For example, if your company donates 2,000 food items and $1,000, your total “can count” will be 5,000 items.
5. When do I get boxes?
Boxes will be delivered by Old Dominion during the weeks of Sept. 23 and Oct. 14.
6. When does Old Dominion pick them up?
Old Dominion will begin picking up boxes from your company on Dec. 11.
7. Where will Old Dominion pick them up?
There should be easy access for a tractor trailer to get onto your company’s property. If you have more than one location participating, all the boxes should be in one primary location at your company. Also, all of your boxes should be closed tightly with packing tape.
8. Who/where do I send my company’s cash donation?
You can make checks out to The Salvation Army. If your check includes a “memo” section, write in “Triad Holiday Challenge.” You can send your company’s cash donation to Winston-Salem Salvation Army (1255 North Trade Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101), which will divide all cash donations equally among the Triad-area Salvation Army food pantries. Individuals may also donate online by clicking on the button on the right side of TriadHolidayChallenge.com website.
9. How many food items fit in a box, on average?
On average, 30 items fit in a box.
10. What is the deadline for turning in can counts?
The deadline for turning in can counts is Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013.
11. How often do I need to provide can count updates?
Oct. 16, Nov. 27, and final count on Tuesday, Dec. 10.
12. How do you determine the winning companies that are featured on FOX8’s Morning Show?
Companies are split into three divisions: Division 1 companies have less than 100 Triad employees. Division 2 participants have 100 to 499 Triad employees. Division 3 companies have more than 500 employees. The company that collects the most number of cans in each division is named a winner.
13. When will winners be notified?
Winners will be notified by Friday, December 13, 2013.
14. What do I do if we run out of Salvation Army boxes?
If you run out of boxes, we suggest using copier paper boxes with lids.
15. Can we palletize boxes if we have the capability?
Yes! In fact, if you have the ability to palletize boxes, that makes it easier for Old Dominion.
16. Are non-business groups and individuals allowed to participate in the Triad Holiday Challenge?
Everyone is welcome to participate in the Triad Holiday Challenge and collect food for the Salvation Army food pantries. Food pick-up by Old Dominion trucks is available only for participating businesses and schools. We ask that individuals and non-business groups collecting for the Triad Holiday Challenge bring your THC food donations to the following Salvation Army locations:
1311 S. Eugene Street, Greensboro, NC 27406
1255 North Trade Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
301 W. Green Drive, High Point, NC 27260
If your organization has collected a significant amount of cans and needs assistance in delivering it, please contact us.
18. What are the deadlines for my company to get involved again next year?
We’d LOVE for you to join us again next year in this worthy cause. We will get in touch with you next summer, but feel free to start your campaign earlier if you would like.
19. When are the Sealy/FOX8 Holiday Concerts?
The Winston-Salem concert is Saturday, December 14, 2012 at 7:30 p.m. and will be held at the Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. The Greensboro concert is Sunday, December 15, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. and will be held at the Greensboro Coliseum. Doors open at 4:00 p.m.